Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Chaos

First and foremost - I broke 250 lbs.  I will take it.

Life is just a giant ball of chaos right now.  And it has extended beyond my little family of four. My mom is having some issues with her home, my dear friends lost a pet, my brother is in a state of flux, etc.  The list seems to go on and on and keep growing.

As a result, I am SERIOUSLY anxious. In yoga last night, I barely stayed for savasana because my brain was just in 30 different places. I also realized this might be why my body is tight and unflexible.

I am trying really hard to combat it. I have been really great about not stress eating (i.e. not stuffing my face with the sleeve of fat mints thin mints I have in the freezer for emergencies), which is huge for me.  I have been allowing my self to have more caffeine than I know I should, but I am slowly cutting that back.  I am also reinforcing my routine.  I have been pretty fluid with it, but now that skiing is done for the season, I am back to a strict workout routine - elliptical on the mornings I don't do yoga with one rest day a week.  That means if I have to miss yoga because of a meeting, I am on the elliptical that morning.  I need the boost of the feel good stuff to help sort through this anxiety.

I know that some of it won't really go away until some of the chaos is settled, but in the mean time I am trying to avoid all the bad habits. 

No comments: