I have been working very hard on self acceptance in the last few years. A lot has happened in that time (injured back, discovery of yoga, thyroid scares, raising kids, job fears), but I have come to accept that I am mostly AWESOME just the way I am.
I have also come to realize that because I have a certain vision of where my life will be - long, healthy, active life - I need to fix a few of the not quite as awesome parts. Most notably, my weight.
The year of physical therapy and just getting older has made me realize that I need to be strong, and at this point, to be strong, I also need to drop some of the fat. I am not talking about being a size 2. I am talking about being a healthy weight that supports the life I want.
And I want to do it in a sustainable, healthy way. (There are those kids to consider in this whole thing.)
I know that I need to be accountable to something to make this work. The idea of joining a group is just not something I want to do. So, I am going to blog about it.
And guess what, I am going to record pictures and inches as well as pounds.
I am basically starting over.
But it will be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment